A huge thank you to our school community for the amazing hangi. We were overwhelmed with donations and this shows huge community spirit.
Kia Ora to our amazing team of helpers.
- Firstly – Lesley Cooksley-Pekepo for her incredible organisation for week leading up to the hangi and her hard māhi on the day. Without her support the hangi would not have been possible.
- Marion, Lena, Ailza, Teshia, Talita, Tia-Marie, Marion’s mum and sister and Janelle for preparation on the night before and also on the day.
- Also to the Camberley Youth Group for helping with preparation of vegetables the night before.
- Denzil and Jack for collecting the yummy watercress.
- Lastly Ngāviiiti Pekepo for cooking the most delicious kāi along with Denzil, Jack, Pona and Kaikohe.
Your hard māhi was well worth it, when we all ate our kāi.
Also to all other students, staff, community and whanau for your input and help with jobs. You are all amazing and Heretaunga Intermediate School thanks you all.
Tenā ra Koutou